Organization: Tourism Toronto Timeframe: Aug. 2008 - Present In 2008, Andrew Weir, VP of communications at Tourism Toronto —the official destination-marketing association for Toronto’s tourism industry— was in the process of developing a comprehensive CSR program based on three pillars. Two of those pillars, sustainability and training, were already supported by a comprehensive green program and training scholarships at nine Ontario schools of Hospitality and Tourism, respectively. The last pillar, families in need, posed a challenge for Weir: “We knew the needy families were getting help through a variety of charitable organizations,” says Weir. “We wanted to find a gap to fill in helping families, but we didn’t want to just write out a check.
Case Study: Tourism Bureau Extends Hospitality to Local Families With Special-Needs Children
You might also be interested in:
- How an Agency and its Partner Convinced Social Media to #GetNaked
- How a Small PR Team Rebooted a Century-Old Brand's Strategic Story
- 4 Tips for a Successful Social Media Takeover
- This is What a Successful Agency-Client Relationship Looks Like
- How Influencers Built Buzz for Elizabeth Arden's UntoldMOMent Campaign