The majority of 10,000 people in 21 countries have a guilty conscience about their carbon footprint when using their home and office technology, according to a global survey conducted by Ipsos on behalf of Lexmark International, Inc.
Highlights from the survey reveal that the majority of respondents cannot identify their largest potential environmental impact points when it comes to printing, and that women are more knowledgeable and guilt-ridden about their green practices than men.
Top five things global consumers said:
- 91% would rather fix a technology device under warranty than dispose of it;
- 85% would often choose the most environmentally conscious printing option if given a "one-click" or "one-push" solution;
- 84% are more likely to buy a product if the manufacturer shows more responsibility and concern regarding recycling;
- 75% feel guilty about printing unnecessary pages; and,
- 64% incorrectly think that the disposal of ink cartridges is the largest cause of pollution from printing