Company: BT Agency: Lumina Timeframe: March 2008- February 2009 Connecting employees who are scattered around the globe is a monumental challenge for any organization, and BT, a global provider of communications solutions and services, is no exception. The company, headquartered in the United Kingdom and operating in more than 170 countries worldwide, was experienced with external communications on a global level, but it faced an urgent need to link its internal network when its executives sought to execute a campaign around BT’s “Community Champions” program. The program, which celebrates the diversity of employee-led volunteering efforts and promotes sustainable community involvement to all stakeholders, was already well established within the organization, but the BT team wanted to increase participation among all employees for the 2008 cycle. “One of the greatest challenges facing BT is the disparity of its workforce,” according to Beth Courtier, head of BT’s Charity Program, and Joanna Sheehy, project manager at agency partner Lumina. “As a global employer with almost 105,000 employees, it has been necessary to use a number of channels to enable messages regarding the employee relations program to touch as many individuals as possible.
Case Study: BT Supports Its Employees’ Volunteer Efforts via Global Communications & the Web
You might also be interested in:
- Case Study: Kroger Tackles Sustainability One Lonely Orange at a Time
- Northwestern Mutual Goes to Bat for Childhood Cancer
- Case Study: Klick Health Program Rewards Employees Doing Well By Enabling Them To Donate To Charity of Their Choice
- Case Study: Nikon 1 Uses Celebrities and Consumers in a Facebook Photo-Sharing Campaign Designed to Expand its Market
- Case Study: Academy of Country Music Generates New Engagement For its Awards With Multifaceted Twitter PR Campaign