Winner: Forum Media and Diageo Campaign: DRINKiQ Irresponsible drinking has been a problem throughout history, and that reality presents unavoidable challenges for alcohol brands, which must defend their reputations while making efforts to promote safety. This was the goal that Diageo and agency partner Forum Media set forth with the creation of DRINKiQ, a Web site that would serve as a global resource to help combat alcohol misuse and promote responsible drinking by sharing best practice tools, information and initiatives. Digital Cocktail Key to achieving this objective were partnerships with organizations such as National Consumers League and the National Alcohol Beverage Control Association, which supported and validated the initiative. Plus, they helped make the site a vehicle for delivering responsible drinking materials to a broader audience. These partnerships, along with the help of Forum Media, gave DRINKiQ authority on the subject of responsible drinking, but that alone wouldn't guarantee global participation in the site.
2009 PR News CSR Award Winner: Corporate-Community Partnership
You might also be interested in:
- How Some Brands Are Taking the Gloom Out of Black Friday
- Facebook Responds to Criticism of 'Safety Check' Disparity
- Coca-Cola, KIND Execs Discuss Link Between Products, CSR and Transparency at PRSA Day 2
- How L'Oreal Paris Used Social Media Holiday to Promote CSR Effort
- How CSR Can Help Your Brand Bond With Gen-Z