Winner: PricewaterhouseCoopers Campaign: Impact*: Taking Bright Minds Further According to 2007 data from the U.S. Census Bureau, only 19% of the country's African-American population has a bachelor's degree. As a result, university admissions offices nationwide are continuously looking for ways to identify minority members as potential students. The statistics also prompted PricewaterhouseCoopers to turn its attention to create Impact*, an educational development program that would inspire African-American high school students to pursue a post-secondary education.
2009 PR News CSR Award Winner: Diversity Communications
You might also be interested in:
- How Some Brands Are Taking the Gloom Out of Black Friday
- Facebook Responds to Criticism of 'Safety Check' Disparity
- Coca-Cola, KIND Execs Discuss Link Between Products, CSR and Transparency at PRSA Day 2
- How L'Oreal Paris Used Social Media Holiday to Promote CSR Effort
- How CSR Can Help Your Brand Bond With Gen-Z