Align the Right Company with the Right Cause
• Don’t be arbitrary when it comes to charitable giving. “Take an issue that’s really connected to the company business and what they do,” says Trammell.
• Do upfront research. “If you’re going to develop a signature cause for your company, you don’t want to pick a cause and then figure out you were wrong.”
• Engage the community. “[This is important] because it will validate the need of what you’re looking to support as well as the connection to your business.”
Contact: Carrie Trammell, firstname.lastname@example.org
You might also be interested in:
- Tim Cook Outs Apple as an 'Advocate for Human Rights and Equality'
- Digital PR Awards: Cause Marketing/CSR
- Case Study: Kroger Tackles Sustainability One Lonely Orange at a Time
- 'People's Climate March' Puts Pressure on Sustainability Communicators
- The Ice Bucket Challenge: PR Takeaways From a Sensation