There are ways you can align your company brand with green causes—just follow these nine tips:
• Identify the areas that matter to your stakeholders.
• Identify the areas for which your company is positioned to have a direct impact.
• Identify the areas for which your company can have an indirect impact.
• Inventory your existing efforts and capacities, including employee skills.
• Set and rank your priorities.
• Begin marketing your commitments.
• Implement programs.
• Measure and report results.
• Don’t be the only one saying good things.
Source: These tips were provided by John Friedman, senior manager of PR for Sodexo and board member of the Sustainable Business Network of Washington (SB NOW).