Going Green: Five Elements to Consider
1. Purpose: What are you trying to accomplish as a business by telling your environmental story?
2. Definition: What are you doing that is so green? What else should/can you be doing? What is the story that needs to be told?
3. Playing Field: How much do people understand and care? What are the political and scientific ramifications? What’s the law?
4. The Competition: What green area in your category can you own? What are others doing well and not so well?
5. DNA: If your own employees don’t understand your green positioning, how can we expect the rest of the world to get it? Commitment to sustainable business practices has to be in your company’s DNA — from the boardroom to the showroom.
You might also be interested in:
- Google-funded Bus Provides Mobile Showers for Homeless in San Francisco
- 5 Tips for Introducing Ethics Into Company Culture
- How a Frontier Airlines Pilot Used Pizza to Create Goodwill for His Brand
- When Brands Take a Stand, PR Must Connect the Dots
- Starbucks Smartens Up Its Image with Free Online Education for Employees