Chicago Climate Partners with Dow Jones Indexes to Co-Brand Emissions
Says Michael A. Petronella, president of Dow Jones Indexes: "Combining our long-term experience in innovative, comprehensible indexing with CCX's unique expertise in integrating emissions reductions and emissions trading leads to an exciting new business initiative. We are starting off with emissions indexes that enable participants in the carbon allowances market to achieve a highly sought-after additional degree of transparency."
Dr. Richard Sandor, chairman and CEO of CCX, concurs with Petronella's assessment of the newly signed pact between CCX and Dow Jones Index. "This suite of new index products will broaden the pool of participants while furthering transparency. Our alliance with such a world-renowned brand as Dow Jones is a win-in for the growing worldwide emissions market."
The agreement follows CCX's March 14 announcement that Dow Jones Indexes and SAM Indexes granted CCX a license for the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI World) and Dow Jones Sustainability North America Index (DJSI North America).
Source: Chicago Climate Exchange
You might also be interested in:
- Tim Cook Outs Apple as an 'Advocate for Human Rights and Equality'
- Digital PR Awards: Cause Marketing/CSR
- Case Study: Kroger Tackles Sustainability One Lonely Orange at a Time
- 'People's Climate March' Puts Pressure on Sustainability Communicators
- The Ice Bucket Challenge: PR Takeaways From a Sensation