Many B2B organizations that have embarked on the path toward sustainability are looking toward their employees to foster a culture of environmental and social responsibility. Employees play a critical role along the entire supply chain of many B2B companies and can be a galvanizing force for positive change.For example, nearly three-quarters (73%) of employed adults who participate in environmental and social responsibility efforts at work are more likely to consider sustainable choices at home, according to the 2013 Gibbs & Soell “Sense and Sustainability” study. (Disclosure: The author of this article is a co-author of the study.) The research also shows that 80% of sustainability-engaged employees are likely to encourage others to be more involved in green and socially conscious activities.
ROI From Corporate Sustainability Efforts Improves With Employee Engagement
You might also be interested in:
- 5 Questions to Ask Before Measuring Your Content Marketing Campaigns
- 6 Ways to Integrate Employees Into Your Organizational Messaging
- 4 Steps to a Winning Social Media Narrative
- Despite Surge in Visual Storytelling, Text Articles Lead in Engagement
- How Four Big Brands Crafted Multi-Platform Content Catering to Their Demographic Targets