▶ Vying for Virality: Video is King: Social-media users are about twice as likely to engage in video content than non-video content, according to Adobe’s 2013 Video Benchmark Report. And while videos garner more likes, comments and shares than photos, links and text posts, companies are still slow to adopt the medium.According to the report, less than a quarter of media companies are putting videos on social channels such as Facebook and Twitter.Other findings include:• In 2012, video social engagement rose to 70% compared with 42% in 2011.• Viral reach for video—which is measured by the number of people who see a post in their feeds through friends or a brand page—accounts for 77% of all reach on social-media sites.
Brands With Videos Have Easier Time Reeling in Viewers; Teens Are Starting To Migrate Away From Facebook
You might also be interested in:
- How LEGO's Global Innovation STEM Award Program Cut Through the Media Clutter
- 8 Video Scripting Tips for PR Pros
- Get Emotional and Watch Fans Share Your Content More Frequently
- Periscope Up: How Southwest, Adobe and Human Rights Campaign Use PR’s Hottest New App
- How to Protect Your Brand From Digital Information Leaks