▶ PR Agencies Ramp Up Digital Offerings: It is becoming more and more apparent to small- to medium-sized agencies that they need a separate department to handle their digital business, according to Second Wind’ s 2012 Annual Agency Survey.Among responding agencies, more than half (63%) have dedicated digital groups while 32% of agencies separate their digital group from the rest of the agency, a 3% bump from last year’s survey. Other study findings include:• The percentage of agency revenue deriving from digital projects is projected to increase from 11% in 2011 to 13% in 2012.• Despite the growing need for digital services, smaller agencies are slower to hire digital staff, with 51% having one to two employees, 32% having three to four employees and 17% having five to 10 employees.• These digital departments encompass services from website development (96%) to email marketing (92%), social media (90%) and banner-ad creation (89%).
Smaller-Sized PR Agencies Ramp Up Digital Services; Online Media Consumption Now Exceeds Offline Use Share Buttons Boost Email
You might also be interested in:
- How LEGO's Global Innovation STEM Award Program Cut Through the Media Clutter
- 8 Video Scripting Tips for PR Pros
- Get Emotional and Watch Fans Share Your Content More Frequently
- Periscope Up: How Southwest, Adobe and Human Rights Campaign Use PR’s Hottest New App
- How to Protect Your Brand From Digital Information Leaks