â–¶ Customers Trust Consumers’ Reviews: Consumer reviewers trump professional reviewers as the key purchase influencers, according to the just released “Buy It, Try It, Rate It” study from Weber Shandwick. The study shows that the majority (65%) of potential consumer electronics purchasers are inspired by a consumer review to select a brand that had not been in their original consideration set. Other study highlights include: • Consumers navigate a maze of information. Buyers invest deliberate effort into making a well-informed decision—conducting multiple activities to gather opinions, reading an average of 11 consumer reviews, evaluating review authenticity and even demonstrating tolerance for negative reviews. • Nearly nine in 10 consumers (88%) say they are somewhat or very knowledgeable about consumer electronics, yet still consult reviews, consumer and/or professional (60% and 52%, respectively), when looking to make a purchase.
Quick Study: Consumer Reviews Most Trusted; B2B Cautiously Adopts Social Media; Public Lacks Social Monetization Mojo
You might also be interested in:
- Get Emotional and Watch Fans Share Your Content More Frequently
- Periscope Up: How Southwest, Adobe and Human Rights Campaign Use PR’s Hottest New App
- How to Protect Your Brand From Digital Information Leaks
- How LEGO's Global Innovation STEM Award Program Cut Through the Media Clutter
- 8 Video Scripting Tips for PR Pros