B2B public relations and marketing professionals can often find themselves migrating across disparate business sectors to transition into new career communications opportunities. Thrust into high-profile roles within previously established teams, B2B communications leaders have to quickly gain credibility within their new sectors. To learn more about how communicators can nimbly move from one B2B industry into another without breaking their stride, we turned to four people who have experienced such moves for their insights. Here are their stories. DEBORAH WETZEL Manager, Media Relations, American Society of Mechanical Engineers Making the switch from a 17-year career as a journalist to PR 12 years ago was not as challenging as I thought it would be.
B2B Communications: Listening, Patience are Critical for a Successful Migration to Other Industries
You might also be interested in:
- 6 Tips to Help Build Execs' Credibility Through Bylined Articles
- 7 Tech Trends Chief Communications Officers Should Track in 2016
- How to Use Measurement to Assess What Worked in '15 and Plan for '16
- Retailers' Social Actions on Instagram Up 48% Compared to Last Year
- Analytics, SEO, Virtual Teams, Video Surged in 2015, Will Continue in 2016