As Hurricane Sandy worked its way toward the East Coast on Monday, Oct. 29, communities braced for the worst but hoped for the best. Businesses were shuttered, airports were closed and cities up and down the coast essentially were shut down in anticipation of the massive storm. And just as communities scrambled to adjust to the storm threat, so did communicators. Earnings reports for Monday and Tuesday were delayed, Google cancelled its launch of a new smartphone, the Nexus 4, and Facebook was forced to cancel an event for the launch of its new Facebook Gifts platform.
As Hurricane Sandy Hit the Coast, PR Pros Adjusted and Informed
You might also be interested in:
- How Four Big Brands Crafted Multi-Platform Content Catering to Their Demographic Targets
- Most Effective Online Newsrooms ‘Hybrids’ That Serve the Media and Consumers Alike
- 5 Questions to Ask Before Measuring Your Content Marketing Campaigns
- 6 Ways to Integrate Employees Into Your Organizational Messaging
- 4 Steps to a Winning Social Media Narrative