â–¶ Enraged Consumers Require Response: Brand owners must respond to the growing number of consumers around the world who are “enraged” with the strategies and influence of major corporations, a study shows. The Futures Company found that 86% of consumers think big business maximizes profits at the expense of customers and communities. Other findings include: • 85% of respondents agree that large corporations exert a greater level of influence on government than citizens do. • As a response to that, 47% of these shoppers now buy locally-made goods when possible. Another 36% avoid purchasing products from firms with low ethical standards, as do 29% from global corporations.
Quick Study: All the Rage: Big Brands Must Deal with Mad Consumers; Few Companies ‘Very Advanced’ in Leveraging Mobile
You might also be interested in:
- How an Agency and its Partner Convinced Social Media to #GetNaked
- How a Small PR Team Rebooted a Century-Old Brand's Strategic Story
- 4 Tips for a Successful Social Media Takeover
- This is What a Successful Agency-Client Relationship Looks Like
- How Influencers Built Buzz for Elizabeth Arden's UntoldMOMent Campaign