By far, Dow Chemical garnered the most unfavorable media coverage—both traditional and social—during the London Olympics, according to a data dive by Factiva. While Dow Chemical suffered mainly due to the industry it is in, McDonald’s saw significant unfavorable media coverage due to the British press’ mockery of the idea of a fast-food chain sponsoring the ultra-healthy Olympics and outrage at the company’s efforts to block other food vendors at the Olympics from selling the “chips” part of the traditional English staple, fish and chips, reported Factiva.
Media Watch: Dow Chemical, McDonald’s Most Unfavorable Olympic Brands
You might also be interested in:
- Get Emotional and Watch Fans Share Your Content More Frequently
- Periscope Up: How Southwest, Adobe and Human Rights Campaign Use PR’s Hottest New App
- How to Protect Your Brand From Digital Information Leaks
- How LEGO's Global Innovation STEM Award Program Cut Through the Media Clutter
- 8 Video Scripting Tips for PR Pros