By far, Dow Chemical garnered the most unfavorable media coverage—both traditional and social—during the London Olympics, according to a data dive by Factiva. While Dow Chemical suffered mainly due to the industry it is in, McDonald’s saw significant unfavorable media coverage due to the British press’ mockery of the idea of a fast-food chain sponsoring the ultra-healthy Olympics and outrage at the company’s efforts to block other food vendors at the Olympics from selling the “chips” part of the traditional English staple, fish and chips, reported Factiva.
Media Watch: Dow Chemical, McDonald’s Most Unfavorable Olympic Brands
You might also be interested in:
- 5 Questions to Ask Before Measuring Your Content Marketing Campaigns
- 6 Ways to Integrate Employees Into Your Organizational Messaging
- 4 Steps to a Winning Social Media Narrative
- Despite Surge in Visual Storytelling, Text Articles Lead in Engagement
- How Four Big Brands Crafted Multi-Platform Content Catering to Their Demographic Targets