â–¶ “Data torrent” poses problems: Brand owners are struggling to deal with the “torrent of data” resulting from the rapid growth of digital media, according to research by the World Federation of Advertisers and Warc. A survey of 25 firms, collectively responsible for $35 billion in worldwide marketing expenditure per year, found 56% were tracking between five and 10 digital metrics. Other study findings include: • Elsewhere, 24% of businesses monitored 10–15 different indicators, while 8% measured 16–20. Another 12%, however, relied on fewer than five such figures. • 72% of respondents agreed the current “data load” was manageable, whereas 20% believed too much data was being collected.
Quick Study: Some Brands Struggle With Onslaught of Big Data; Twitter the Most Popular Platform Among the Global 100
You might also be interested in:
- 5 Questions to Ask Before Measuring Your Content Marketing Campaigns
- 6 Ways to Integrate Employees Into Your Organizational Messaging
- 4 Steps to a Winning Social Media Narrative
- Despite Surge in Visual Storytelling, Text Articles Lead in Engagement
- How Four Big Brands Crafted Multi-Platform Content Catering to Their Demographic Targets