â–¶ “Data torrent” poses problems: Brand owners are struggling to deal with the “torrent of data” resulting from the rapid growth of digital media, according to research by the World Federation of Advertisers and Warc. A survey of 25 firms, collectively responsible for $35 billion in worldwide marketing expenditure per year, found 56% were tracking between five and 10 digital metrics. Other study findings include: • Elsewhere, 24% of businesses monitored 10–15 different indicators, while 8% measured 16–20. Another 12%, however, relied on fewer than five such figures. • 72% of respondents agreed the current “data load” was manageable, whereas 20% believed too much data was being collected.
Quick Study: Some Brands Struggle With Onslaught of Big Data; Twitter the Most Popular Platform Among the Global 100
You might also be interested in:
- 6 Steps to Help Coordinate a Crisis Response in a Large Corporation
- How to Use Social and Traditional Media to Promote Your White Paper
- A Job for Communicators: Just 47% of Workers Receive Diversity Training
- Tips and Tricks to Use Facebook's New Live Video Feature to Boost Brand Engagement
- 6 Tips to Gain Employee and Stakeholder Buy-In for CSR Success