On Sunday, April 22, The New York Times published an article that sent mega retailer Wal-Mart reeling. The article revealed that Wal-Mart executives learned in 2005 of allegations of “widespread bribery” in Mexico as the company looked to expand there. The article went on to point out that the company failed to report the allegations at the time to U.S. or Mexican authorities or conduct a thorough internal probe.
Wal-Mart Crisis Underscores Need for Strong Corporate Governance
You might also be interested in:
- How LEGO's Global Innovation STEM Award Program Cut Through the Media Clutter
- 8 Video Scripting Tips for PR Pros
- Get Emotional and Watch Fans Share Your Content More Frequently
- Periscope Up: How Southwest, Adobe and Human Rights Campaign Use PR’s Hottest New App
- How to Protect Your Brand From Digital Information Leaks