â–¶ A Case for Mobile PR Outreach: America’s “Alpha females” can’t live without their smartphones. When asked what they couldn’t give up for 30 days, this essential lifeline—her smartphone (41%)—trumps morning coffee (14%), makeup (7%) and yes, sex (4%). So says an April 2012 What Women Want Survey by Ginger Consulting, which also finds that Alphas (America’s most influential, ahead-of-the-curve women—those who are six months to two years in front of market trends) are spending more after years of tightening the purse strings. Study highlights include: • Alpha women also chose sweating (exercise 26%) over sweets (2%) and social networking (1%). • Fifty-three percent of Alpha women surveyed said they’re planning for a vacation or new furniture splurge, and more than 25% report their personal economic state has taken a turn for the better over the past year.
You might also be interested in:
- PR News/Nasdaq Survey: Nearly One-Fifth of Communicators Shun Measurement Entirely
- Where Does PR Stand on Paid Social Media? Survey Shows Ambivalence About Spending
- Social Media Engagement on Video Posts Soars 163 Percent in 2015
- 10 Tips for Faster, More Effective Internal Crisis Communications When Time Is of the Essence
- 4 Ways to Improve Your Social Media Reporting and Measurement Process