A prime example of “newsjacking” is the “crocodile insurance” offered to President Obama while on a trip to Australia. Alaska Airlines and Hawaiian Airlines are smaller industry players that use social media to connect with customers. Nathan’s Hot Dog Eating Contest is a prime example of a PR stunt with longevity. “Activist consumers”—empowered by social media—are demanding more ethical behavior from businesses. In 2011 Barefoot Wine and the Surfrider Foundation teamed up to clean 21 beaches nationwide.
Seven Things You Will Learn in This Week’s Issue of PR News
You might also be interested in:
- 5 Questions to Ask Before Measuring Your Content Marketing Campaigns
- 6 Ways to Integrate Employees Into Your Organizational Messaging
- 4 Steps to a Winning Social Media Narrative
- Despite Surge in Visual Storytelling, Text Articles Lead in Engagement
- How Four Big Brands Crafted Multi-Platform Content Catering to Their Demographic Targets