A prime example of “newsjacking” is the “crocodile insurance” offered to President Obama while on a trip to Australia. Alaska Airlines and Hawaiian Airlines are smaller industry players that use social media to connect with customers. Nathan’s Hot Dog Eating Contest is a prime example of a PR stunt with longevity. “Activist consumers”—empowered by social media—are demanding more ethical behavior from businesses. In 2011 Barefoot Wine and the Surfrider Foundation teamed up to clean 21 beaches nationwide.
Seven Things You Will Learn in This Week’s Issue of PR News
You might also be interested in:
- Get Emotional and Watch Fans Share Your Content More Frequently
- Periscope Up: How Southwest, Adobe and Human Rights Campaign Use PR’s Hottest New App
- How to Protect Your Brand From Digital Information Leaks
- How LEGO's Global Innovation STEM Award Program Cut Through the Media Clutter
- 8 Video Scripting Tips for PR Pros