â–¶ Ethical Practices, Honest Communication Will Strengthen Trust: Nearly four years after the global economic meltdown began, the nation’s financial services industry remains among the least trusted by consumers, according to the latest annual global survey of trust conducted by Edelman. Despite an improvement in the economy, the 2012 data shows that only 46% of consumers trust financial services. Similarly, only 41% of respondents indicated they trust banks. However, both experienced a significant uptick in trust from last year, when they bottomed out at 25%. Edelman’s survey also indicates that societal attributes of financial institutions play a more dominant role than operations when it comes to rebuilding trust.
Quick Study: Trust in Financial Services Rises, But Still Ranks Low; Biz Bloggers to CEOs: It’s All About R-E-S-P-E-C-T
You might also be interested in:
- How LEGO's Global Innovation STEM Award Program Cut Through the Media Clutter
- 8 Video Scripting Tips for PR Pros
- Get Emotional and Watch Fans Share Your Content More Frequently
- Periscope Up: How Southwest, Adobe and Human Rights Campaign Use PR’s Hottest New App
- How to Protect Your Brand From Digital Information Leaks