â–¶ Digital Media as a Change Agent: Almost three-quarters of brand owners are modifying their marketing and communications process in response to the demands posed by digital media, says a study by the Society of Digital Agencies and Econsultancy. In all, 73% of 651 new media executive were currently “transforming” their communications operations to more accurately reflect the needs of the evolving marketplace. Other findings include: • Some 71% of brand owners had already reorganized their teams based around different consumer segments, 46% had formed cross-departmental units to spread “social learning” and 33% now integrate social listening and traditional research. • 21% of clients had built “voice of the customer” advocacy groups and 18.8% had changed compensation structures in a bid to encourage inter-departmental collaboration.
Quick Study: Digital Media Radically Transforming Marcom Process; Sam’s Club, Publix Top-Rated in Customer Experience
You might also be interested in:
- 6 Tips to Help Build Execs' Credibility Through Bylined Articles
- 7 Tech Trends Chief Communications Officers Should Track in 2016
- How to Use Measurement to Assess What Worked in '15 and Plan for '16
- Retailers' Social Actions on Instagram Up 48% Compared to Last Year
- Analytics, SEO, Virtual Teams, Video Surged in 2015, Will Continue in 2016