When considering a large, long-term initiative to raise their profile in the wider market, some companies instinctively think of hiring a PR agency for help. Others may consider staying in-house, hiring extra full-time communicators as needed. The majority of organizations, however, simply don’t know which route is most appropriate. As the president of a PR agency, it’s easy for me to give the canned outsourcing sale, but in reality it depends on a firm’s unique needs, the stage of a company’s growth and, in no small part, on management’s own preferences and biases. Do you feel your communications efforts are at a crossroads and you need outside help?
Tip Sheet: PR Crossroads: Stay In-House or Hire an Agency?
You might also be interested in:
- 8 Video Scripting Tips for PR Pros
- Get Emotional and Watch Fans Share Your Content More Frequently
- Periscope Up: How Southwest, Adobe and Human Rights Campaign Use PR’s Hottest New App
- How to Protect Your Brand From Digital Information Leaks
- How LEGO's Global Innovation STEM Award Program Cut Through the Media Clutter