As “innovation” has become a key buzzword in the business lexicon, the ability for an organization to generate ideas internally has become critical. Today the C-suite is demanding great ideas from all areas of the company. And often communications is responsible for creating and managing the idea generation “engine.” In talking to ideation experts, PR News finds that the generation of ideas often suffers from a lack of clarity around the problem definition; a lack of specific customer knowledge; and a tendency to accept the status quo and make excuses for killing good ideas. To be sure, on the PR agency side, clients are demanding game-changing ideas as well as guidance for structuring their own ideation processes, says Brian Burgess, senior VP of brand and talent at MSLGROUP New York.
Ideation Creation: Culture and Clarity Keys to Driving Big Ideas
You might also be interested in:
- Get Emotional and Watch Fans Share Your Content More Frequently
- Periscope Up: How Southwest, Adobe and Human Rights Campaign Use PR’s Hottest New App
- How to Protect Your Brand From Digital Information Leaks
- How LEGO's Global Innovation STEM Award Program Cut Through the Media Clutter
- 8 Video Scripting Tips for PR Pros