In developing communication plans today, one specific question commonly arises: What emphasis should be given to social versus traditional media? The reality is that it is a matter of perspective, and that perspective seems to be skewed heavily now toward using social media as if it’s the only media. It seems that every conference and seminar only covers one topic, or some variation thereof: How to use social media, why it’s important, how it will change the world, etc. etc. It seems to be the only subject that public relations professionals can talk about or want to talk about.
Taking a Skeptical Approach to Social Media
You might also be interested in:
- How LEGO's Global Innovation STEM Award Program Cut Through the Media Clutter
- 8 Video Scripting Tips for PR Pros
- Get Emotional and Watch Fans Share Your Content More Frequently
- Periscope Up: How Southwest, Adobe and Human Rights Campaign Use PR’s Hottest New App
- How to Protect Your Brand From Digital Information Leaks