In developing communication plans today, one specific question commonly arises: What emphasis should be given to social versus traditional media? The reality is that it is a matter of perspective, and that perspective seems to be skewed heavily now toward using social media as if it’s the only media. It seems that every conference and seminar only covers one topic, or some variation thereof: How to use social media, why it’s important, how it will change the world, etc. etc. It seems to be the only subject that public relations professionals can talk about or want to talk about.
Taking a Skeptical Approach to Social Media
You might also be interested in:
- 6 Tips to Help Build Execs' Credibility Through Bylined Articles
- 7 Tech Trends Chief Communications Officers Should Track in 2016
- How to Use Measurement to Assess What Worked in '15 and Plan for '16
- Retailers' Social Actions on Instagram Up 48% Compared to Last Year
- Analytics, SEO, Virtual Teams, Video Surged in 2015, Will Continue in 2016