Customers were the focal point of Charter Communications ’ campaign surrounding the digital transition, but this stakeholder group is front and center in the company’s other marketing/communications initiatives as well. Case in point: When Joe Stackhouse joined Charter as SVP of customer operations in 2007, one of the first things he did was read every customer e-mail and letter he could get his hands on. In doing so, he realized his team members “were struggling on the day that the customer had an appointment...there were problems we couldn’t pinpoint and the [customer service] agents didn’t have the tools to fix things.” The solution was to create a pilot DOS team: customer service providers who were charged with improving subscribers’ experience with Charter on their “Day of Service” (DOS)—the day of their scheduled appointments.
Putting Customers at the Center of Charter’s Brand Experience
You might also be interested in:
- 4 Tips for a Successful Social Media Takeover
- This is What a Successful Agency-Client Relationship Looks Like
- How Influencers Built Buzz for Elizabeth Arden's UntoldMOMent Campaign
- Case Study: Kroger Tackles Sustainability One Lonely Orange at a Time
- Northwestern Mutual Goes to Bat for Childhood Cancer