Christine Dotts, CSR PR manager for Intel, provides the following best practices based on the widespread success of the company’s CSR initiatives: • Tell the story: “We are constantly looking for opportunities throughout the organization to tell the CSR story, and we leverage various resources whenever possible,” Dotts says. “For example, tying a product launch with your organization’s efforts to reduce its environmental impact through new manufacturing processes connects your CSR initiatives with newsworthy corporate efforts.” • Focus on transparency: “It is critical that the PR not run ahead of the content,” Dotts says. “PR teams should work closely within the organization to ensure that you are willing to answer tough questions that are likely to arise from promoting a CSR road map.” • Anticipate naysayers.
BEST PRACTICES FOR INCREASING VISIBILITY OF CSR CAMPAIGNS
You might also be interested in:
- 4 Tips for a Successful Social Media Takeover
- This is What a Successful Agency-Client Relationship Looks Like
- How Influencers Built Buzz for Elizabeth Arden's UntoldMOMent Campaign
- Case Study: Kroger Tackles Sustainability One Lonely Orange at a Time
- Northwestern Mutual Goes to Bat for Childhood Cancer