When UPS executives set out to initiate aggressive media outreach around its various environmental endeavors, they decided to use the following nine stories as news hooks, upon which they could build their overall campaign message: Brown goes green. 1. UPS Avoids Left Turns to Reduce Emissions: Apparently the key to optimizing delivery routes and reducing the number of miles driven is to minimize left turns, which often result in drivers sitting idle at intersections and subsequently burning excess fuel. This prompted UPS to deploy a high-tech route-planning system that ultimately shaves nearly 30,000 miles, reduces emissions by 32,000 metric tons of CO2 and saves 3 million gallons of gas annually. 2.
THE STORY BEHIND THE STORY
You might also be interested in:
- How an Agency and its Partner Convinced Social Media to #GetNaked
- How a Small PR Team Rebooted a Century-Old Brand's Strategic Story
- 4 Tips for a Successful Social Media Takeover
- This is What a Successful Agency-Client Relationship Looks Like
- How Influencers Built Buzz for Elizabeth Arden's UntoldMOMent Campaign