Events that are linchpins of PR campaigns always require stringent planning, research and execution to kick them off. The logistics are such that it is imperative to draw in all of the departments in your company’s infrastructure, according to Angie Sorensen, MS&L’s senior vice president and director of the Best Buy account. Following is Sorensen’s advice to communicators wishing to use the “Best Buy Blows Out Black Friday” campaign as a template when promoting an event: • Leverage every channel in your organization: Make sure everyone in your company knows about the event you’re promoting. Interface with the marketing and/or event-planning department. Use all channels to ensure C-suite buy-in and that you’re reaching out to the right media audiences.
LEVERAGING MULTIPLE CHANNELS WHEN LAUNCHING A CAMPAIGN
You might also be interested in:
- Case Study: Kroger Tackles Sustainability One Lonely Orange at a Time
- Northwestern Mutual Goes to Bat for Childhood Cancer
- Case Study: Klick Health Program Rewards Employees Doing Well By Enabling Them To Donate To Charity of Their Choice
- Case Study: Nikon 1 Uses Celebrities and Consumers in a Facebook Photo-Sharing Campaign Designed to Expand its Market
- Case Study: Academy of Country Music Generates New Engagement For its Awards With Multifaceted Twitter PR Campaign