Events that are linchpins of PR campaigns always require stringent planning, research and execution to kick them off. The logistics are such that it is imperative to draw in all of the departments in your company’s infrastructure, according to Angie Sorensen, MS&L’s senior vice president and director of the Best Buy account. Following is Sorensen’s advice to communicators wishing to use the “Best Buy Blows Out Black Friday” campaign as a template when promoting an event: • Leverage every channel in your organization: Make sure everyone in your company knows about the event you’re promoting. Interface with the marketing and/or event-planning department. Use all channels to ensure C-suite buy-in and that you’re reaching out to the right media audiences.
LEVERAGING MULTIPLE CHANNELS WHEN LAUNCHING A CAMPAIGN
You might also be interested in:
- How an Agency and its Partner Convinced Social Media to #GetNaked
- How a Small PR Team Rebooted a Century-Old Brand's Strategic Story
- 4 Tips for a Successful Social Media Takeover
- This is What a Successful Agency-Client Relationship Looks Like
- How Influencers Built Buzz for Elizabeth Arden's UntoldMOMent Campaign