Company: SEGA Timeframe: October 2008- ongoing The video-gaming community has always been characterized by its members’ enthusiasm for technology, and by their desire to connect and interact with fellow fans. The proliferation of social media platforms has only enhanced these traits, as it facilitates interactivity via the very medium in which this audiences “plays” every day. For video game developers like SEGA, the emergence of social media presents a variety of challenges and opportunities. On the plus side, online communities are ideal for finding brand evangelists, generating buzz and engaging with fans. The flip side: There is an unlimited universe of content.
Case Study: Web Analytics Take the SEGA Brand’s Robust Community-Building Campaign to the Next Level
You might also be interested in:
- How an Agency and its Partner Convinced Social Media to #GetNaked
- How a Small PR Team Rebooted a Century-Old Brand's Strategic Story
- 4 Tips for a Successful Social Media Takeover
- This is What a Successful Agency-Client Relationship Looks Like
- How Influencers Built Buzz for Elizabeth Arden's UntoldMOMent Campaign