Company: SEGA Timeframe: October 2008- ongoing The video-gaming community has always been characterized by its members’ enthusiasm for technology, and by their desire to connect and interact with fellow fans. The proliferation of social media platforms has only enhanced these traits, as it facilitates interactivity via the very medium in which this audiences “plays” every day. For video game developers like SEGA, the emergence of social media presents a variety of challenges and opportunities. On the plus side, online communities are ideal for finding brand evangelists, generating buzz and engaging with fans.
Case Study: Web Analytics Take the SEGA Brand’s Robust Community-Building Campaign to the Next Level
You might also be interested in:
- Case Study: Kroger Tackles Sustainability One Lonely Orange at a Time
- Northwestern Mutual Goes to Bat for Childhood Cancer
- Case Study: Klick Health Program Rewards Employees Doing Well By Enabling Them To Donate To Charity of Their Choice
- Case Study: Nikon 1 Uses Celebrities and Consumers in a Facebook Photo-Sharing Campaign Designed to Expand its Market
- Case Study: Academy of Country Music Generates New Engagement For its Awards With Multifaceted Twitter PR Campaign