In 2008, A&E Network underwent a repositioning effort that included, among other elements, a cause-branding initiative dubbed “The Recovery Project.” More broadly, though, Guy Slattery, SVP of marketing for A&E Network, describes the repositioning in the context of related marketing initiatives (as originally reported in PR News sister publication CableFAX: The Magazine; Slattery was named “Marketer of the Year” in the magazine’s 2009 CableFAXIES Awards program). • Ideas for the repositioning: “All our ideas came from consumer insight. We spend a lot of time talking to viewers of both networks [A&E and BIO] to understand their lives and how they feel about our brands. This understanding has been the key to building successful show franchises and effective marketing campaigns.
MARKETING IN THE MIDST OF A BRAND REPOSITIONING
You might also be interested in:
- 4 Tips for a Successful Social Media Takeover
- This is What a Successful Agency-Client Relationship Looks Like
- How Influencers Built Buzz for Elizabeth Arden's UntoldMOMent Campaign
- Case Study: Kroger Tackles Sustainability One Lonely Orange at a Time
- Northwestern Mutual Goes to Bat for Childhood Cancer