Company: Commonweath of Virginia Agency: Ruder Finn & Jamestown 2007 Timeframe: 2007 In 2007, the Commonwealth of Virginia wanted to commemorate the 400th anniversary of the founding of Jamestown, the New World's first permanent English settlement. For this unique milestone, the Commonwealth put together an ad hoc agency with a self-explanatory moniker--Jamestown 2007--to spearhead event planning for the commemoration. Jamestown 2007 tapped Ruder Finn to conceptualize and execute a massive awareness campaign that would generate national and international attention for "America's 400th Anniversary," an 18-month program punctuated by 14 signature events. According to Robin Crawford, SVP of Ruder Finn's D.C.
Case Study: Making History (Again): An Anniversary Celebration Puts America’s First Permanent Settlement in the Spotlight
You might also be interested in:
- How an Agency and its Partner Convinced Social Media to #GetNaked
- How a Small PR Team Rebooted a Century-Old Brand's Strategic Story
- 4 Tips for a Successful Social Media Takeover
- This is What a Successful Agency-Client Relationship Looks Like
- How Influencers Built Buzz for Elizabeth Arden's UntoldMOMent Campaign