Company: Commonweath of Virginia Agency: Ruder Finn & Jamestown 2007 Timeframe: 2007 In 2007, the Commonwealth of Virginia wanted to commemorate the 400th anniversary of the founding of Jamestown, the New World's first permanent English settlement. For this unique milestone, the Commonwealth put together an ad hoc agency with a self-explanatory moniker--Jamestown 2007--to spearhead event planning for the commemoration. Jamestown 2007 tapped Ruder Finn to conceptualize and execute a massive awareness campaign that would generate national and international attention for "America's 400th Anniversary," an 18-month program punctuated by 14 signature events. According to Robin Crawford, SVP of Ruder Finn's D.C.
Case Study: Making History (Again): An Anniversary Celebration Puts America’s First Permanent Settlement in the Spotlight
You might also be interested in:
- Case Study: Kroger Tackles Sustainability One Lonely Orange at a Time
- Northwestern Mutual Goes to Bat for Childhood Cancer
- Case Study: Klick Health Program Rewards Employees Doing Well By Enabling Them To Donate To Charity of Their Choice
- Case Study: Nikon 1 Uses Celebrities and Consumers in a Facebook Photo-Sharing Campaign Designed to Expand its Market
- Case Study: Academy of Country Music Generates New Engagement For its Awards With Multifaceted Twitter PR Campaign