The upcoming New Year signals the usual calendar changeover, but this go-round the annual tradition seems to be wrought with more anticipation than Y2K: It marks the transition of power from George W. Bush to Barack Obama (polar opposites in many ways); an inevitable worsening of the already dismal economic forecast; and a business environment that seems all but doomed. In short, 2008 will be punctuated not with a period, but with a question mark.
Trend Watch: Shaping Communications Strategies for 2K9
You might also be interested in:
- Moving Beyond Communicators' Comfort Zone
- SMBs Boost Spending on Digital Marketing; Facebook & Fans Worth About $174 a Clip to Consumer Brands
- Case Study: Exhibition Hockey Match Makes For Great Icing on the PR Cake For Ronald McDonald House Charities
- Hertz Links PR and Customer Service As Social Channels Grow
- In Containing Damage, If You Can't Be Substantive Don't Say Anything At All