A global economic crisis has made the business of doing well and doing good take on a whole new meaning, and this is especially felt by nonprofit executives, whose fight for big budgets was disadvantaged before the financial meltdown. The organizations in the following pages managed to overcome the odds to promote philanthropic causes for the greater good of their communities. Winners and honorable mentions were celebrated at an awards luncheon on Dec. 4, 2008, at the National Press Club, and PR News is happy to highlight them in this special awards issue.
PR News Nonprofit PR Awards Special Issue
You might also be interested in:
- Case Study: Musical Education Nonprofit "Little Kids Rock" Tunes Into Public Relations to Help Amplify Its Charitable Efforts
- Pressure Increases on PR Agencies To Become More Business Savvy
- Bold Strategies Gain Audience Share In Hypercompetitive Marketplace
- The Path to Purchase (Increasingly) Starts With Mobile; Employee Relations A Tonic For Workplace Misconduct?
- 8 Tips For a Successful Social Media Training Program