A global economic crisis has made the business of doing well and doing good take on a whole new meaning, and this is especially felt by nonprofit executives, whose fight for big budgets was disadvantaged before the financial meltdown. The organizations in the following pages managed to overcome the odds to promote philanthropic causes for the greater good of their communities. Winners and honorable mentions were celebrated at an awards luncheon on Dec. 4, 2008, at the National Press Club, and PR News is happy to highlight them in this special awards issue.
PR News Nonprofit PR Awards Special Issue
You might also be interested in:
- 6 Tips to Help Build Execs' Credibility Through Bylined Articles
- 7 Tech Trends Chief Communications Officers Should Track in 2016
- How to Use Measurement to Assess What Worked in '15 and Plan for '16
- Retailers' Social Actions on Instagram Up 48% Compared to Last Year
- Analytics, SEO, Virtual Teams, Video Surged in 2015, Will Continue in 2016