Deirdre Latour, Director of Public Relations and Marketing Services, General Electric Like a world-class athlete, Deirdre Latour's discipline and solid work ethic came into play as she helped General Electric prep for the 2008 Olympic Games. During a time when corporate reputations are under intense scrutiny, Latour demonstrated savvy leadership and communications skills in her management of GE's role as a TOP (The Olympic Partner Programme) sponsor of the Beijing Olympic Games. She persistently protected GE's corporate reputation while balancing the interests of government, cultures, non-governmental organizations, fans, countries and athletes, as well those of her fellow employees. GE's Dream Team The Beijing Olympic Games presented an unprecedented level of complexity. As director/public relations and marketing services for GE, Latour coached her team in keeping efforts on a clear and logical path while remaining sensitive and accommodating to cultural differences.
PR Professional of the Year: Corporate
You might also be interested in:
- 6 Tips to Help Build Execs' Credibility Through Bylined Articles
- 7 Tech Trends Chief Communications Officers Should Track in 2016
- How to Use Measurement to Assess What Worked in '15 and Plan for '16
- Retailers' Social Actions on Instagram Up 48% Compared to Last Year
- Analytics, SEO, Virtual Teams, Video Surged in 2015, Will Continue in 2016