Deirdre Latour, Director of Public Relations and Marketing Services, General Electric Like a world-class athlete, Deirdre Latour's discipline and solid work ethic came into play as she helped General Electric prep for the 2008 Olympic Games. During a time when corporate reputations are under intense scrutiny, Latour demonstrated savvy leadership and communications skills in her management of GE's role as a TOP (The Olympic Partner Programme) sponsor of the Beijing Olympic Games. She persistently protected GE's corporate reputation while balancing the interests of government, cultures, non-governmental organizations, fans, countries and athletes, as well those of her fellow employees. GE's Dream Team The Beijing Olympic Games presented an unprecedented level of complexity. As director/public relations and marketing services for GE, Latour coached her team in keeping efforts on a clear and logical path while remaining sensitive and accommodating to cultural differences.
PR Professional of the Year: Corporate
You might also be interested in:
- How LEGO's Global Innovation STEM Award Program Cut Through the Media Clutter
- 8 Video Scripting Tips for PR Pros
- Get Emotional and Watch Fans Share Your Content More Frequently
- Periscope Up: How Southwest, Adobe and Human Rights Campaign Use PR’s Hottest New App
- How to Protect Your Brand From Digital Information Leaks