Brian Woodland, Director, Communications & Strategic Planning, Peel District School Board The 1.3 million-person community the Peel District School Board serves in Ontario is one of the fastest-growing in North America, with 150,000 students in 232 schools. Half of the schools' students speak a language other than English at home, and during the last three years more than 11,000 of its registered students came from families new to Canada. To create a more unified identity within the district, the school board's Brian Woodland devised a "what have you done for the students today?" approach, and stepped back in the classroom.
PR Professional of the Year: Academic Institution
You might also be interested in:
- How LEGO's Global Innovation STEM Award Program Cut Through the Media Clutter
- 8 Video Scripting Tips for PR Pros
- Get Emotional and Watch Fans Share Your Content More Frequently
- Periscope Up: How Southwest, Adobe and Human Rights Campaign Use PR’s Hottest New App
- How to Protect Your Brand From Digital Information Leaks