Brian Woodland, Director, Communications & Strategic Planning, Peel District School Board The 1.3 million-person community the Peel District School Board serves in Ontario is one of the fastest-growing in North America, with 150,000 students in 232 schools. Half of the schools' students speak a language other than English at home, and during the last three years more than 11,000 of its registered students came from families new to Canada. To create a more unified identity within the district, the school board's Brian Woodland devised a "what have you done for the students today?" approach, and stepped back in the classroom.
PR Professional of the Year: Academic Institution
You might also be interested in:
- 3 Ways a B2B Software Company Improved Its Integrated Communications
- The Week in PR, July 27 - August 3
- PR News/Nasdaq Survey: Nearly One-Fifth of Communicators Shun Measurement Entirely
- Where Does PR Stand on Paid Social Media? Survey Shows Ambivalence About Spending
- Social Media Engagement on Video Posts Soars 163 Percent in 2015