Saurabh Wahi, Group Vice President, MWW Group As a driving force behind MWW's relationship with flagship consumer client Nikon, Wahi has successfully altered public perception of the brand once seen as "too expensive" through multifaceted campaigns, while increasing market share and camera sales. He also directed Nikon's Four to the Floor Tour, which encompassed five urban markets and showcased the brand and its new products (such as Nikon's Coolpix S51C0) in events featuring live music and top DJs/producers. Partly as a result of Wahi's efforts, Time magazine named the Nikon Coolpix as the second "Best Invention of the Year," following the iPhone. Pied Piper of the Younger Set One of Wahi's specialties is his canny ability to tap into the youthful pulse for Nikon products. For Nikon's Coolpix Style digital cameras, Wahi oversaw a campaign that leveraged pop culture through associations with supermodel Kate Moss, couture designer Zac Posen, the smash reality show Project Runway and VH1's Save the Music Foundation.
Brand Marketer of the Year
You might also be interested in:
- 6 Tips to Help Build Execs' Credibility Through Bylined Articles
- 7 Tech Trends Chief Communications Officers Should Track in 2016
- How to Use Measurement to Assess What Worked in '15 and Plan for '16
- Retailers' Social Actions on Instagram Up 48% Compared to Last Year
- Analytics, SEO, Virtual Teams, Video Surged in 2015, Will Continue in 2016