Like PR, social media is all about relationship building and user engagement. More and more often, message boards and blogs take the place of focus groups and in-person meetings. Consequently, measuring and quantifying your company's messaging in this space is not just a smart business move--it's imperative. Although traditional media has not been completely replaced by social media--yet--it's important that companies make an effort in measuring the efforts of their campaigns online. Ignoring this could be detrimental to your company's fiscal health (try explaining this to your board).
Measuring Social Media Efforts: How & Why You Need to Do It
You might also be interested in:
- 5 Questions to Ask Before Measuring Your Content Marketing Campaigns
- 6 Ways to Integrate Employees Into Your Organizational Messaging
- 4 Steps to a Winning Social Media Narrative
- Despite Surge in Visual Storytelling, Text Articles Lead in Engagement
- How Four Big Brands Crafted Multi-Platform Content Catering to Their Demographic Targets