Company: HBO Agency: Campfire Timeframe: Feb 2008-present Starting this September, there may be a few contenders to Count Dracula's throne as the most notorious vampire, as that month marks the premiere of HBO's newest series, True Blood. Based on the vampire books by Charlaine Harris, the show tells the story of a band of nocturnal predators who are able to resist their innate and insatiable hunger for human blood thanks to "Tru Blood," a synthetic blood substitute product developed in Japan. As a result of this concoction, the vampire characters can mingle with humans without wanting to feast on them. This premise, which will inevitably be compounded by dramatic twists and turns, sets the stage for what HBO hopes will be a successful new program. Its recent original shows (including John From Cincinnati and Tell Me That You Love Me) didn't live up to expectations, so HBO has a lot to prove with the series' debut.
Case Study: Move Over, Dracula: PR & Marketing Meet Online to Introduce Fans to a Creepy Crew of Characters
You might also be interested in:
- 4 Tips for a Successful Social Media Takeover
- This is What a Successful Agency-Client Relationship Looks Like
- How Influencers Built Buzz for Elizabeth Arden's UntoldMOMent Campaign
- Case Study: Kroger Tackles Sustainability One Lonely Orange at a Time
- Northwestern Mutual Goes to Bat for Childhood Cancer