Actions may speak louder than words, but numbers speak louder than actions--at least where getting C-suite buy-in is concerned. Hence the importance of measurement, metrics, accountability, quantifiable outcomes, analysis. No matter your preferred label, as a communications professional, you have surely been faced with the challenges (and opportunities) presented by the now-necessary fluency in "number speak." And, like many other executives, you may be neglecting market research, which forms the foundation of all measurement and which is required to make all subsequent efforts valid and high-impact. "Sadly, market research often doesn't fit at all into measurement and analysis efforts as far as communications professionals are concerned," says Mike Daniels, managing director, Report International.
Market Research: Planning, And a Little Math, Go a Long Way
You might also be interested in:
- Get Emotional and Watch Fans Share Your Content More Frequently
- Periscope Up: How Southwest, Adobe and Human Rights Campaign Use PR’s Hottest New App
- How to Protect Your Brand From Digital Information Leaks
- How LEGO's Global Innovation STEM Award Program Cut Through the Media Clutter
- 8 Video Scripting Tips for PR Pros