As the proliferation of online communications continues, the various platforms are morphing into one another and creating a veritable melting pot. If you are looking for tangible proof, just consider multimedia press releases: They combine live links, streaming video and RSS feeds to deliver information to audiences, to forge more personal relationships with individual stakeholders, and to boost brand advocacy. Of all the potential Web vehicles out there, though, online video has seen perhaps the most significant transformation. It went from television footage being repurposed online to original content that engages and influences everyone from consumers to media to investors. "Online video has emotional appeal," says Dan Solomon, CEO of Virilion (formerly Mindshare Interactive).
Picture Perfect: Web Video Redefines Personal Communications
You might also be interested in:
- PR News/Nasdaq Survey: Nearly One-Fifth of Communicators Shun Measurement Entirely
- Where Does PR Stand on Paid Social Media? Survey Shows Ambivalence About Spending
- Social Media Engagement on Video Posts Soars 163 Percent in 2015
- 10 Tips for Faster, More Effective Internal Crisis Communications When Time Is of the Essence
- 4 Ways to Improve Your Social Media Reporting and Measurement Process