As the proliferation of online communications continues, the various platforms are morphing into one another and creating a veritable melting pot. If you are looking for tangible proof, just consider multimedia press releases: They combine live links, streaming video and RSS feeds to deliver information to audiences, to forge more personal relationships with individual stakeholders, and to boost brand advocacy. Of all the potential Web vehicles out there, though, online video has seen perhaps the most significant transformation. It went from television footage being repurposed online to original content that engages and influences everyone from consumers to media to investors. "Online video has emotional appeal," says Dan Solomon, CEO of Virilion (formerly Mindshare Interactive).
Picture Perfect: Web Video Redefines Personal Communications
You might also be interested in:
- Get Emotional and Watch Fans Share Your Content More Frequently
- Periscope Up: How Southwest, Adobe and Human Rights Campaign Use PR’s Hottest New App
- How to Protect Your Brand From Digital Information Leaks
- How LEGO's Global Innovation STEM Award Program Cut Through the Media Clutter
- 8 Video Scripting Tips for PR Pros