Winner: Dominion Campaign: A Train Wreck Waiting To Happen? The Mission: During his 2006 address to the World Affairs Council of Richmond, Dominion CEO Thomas Farrell II wanted to be optimistic and realistic about the future of energy in the global marketplace. In doing so, he wanted to spread the message that Congress must avoid common myths about energy production and develop a reasonable national energy policy to avoid a crisis. The Hook: Train wrecks have the metaphoric power to instill both intrigue and fear in onlookers, so Farrell and his speechwriter used this image as an emotional hook throughout the speech. Rubber-necking the Audience: Approximately 1,309,947 speeches are given every day (not a scientific count), and the vast majority of them fall flat before their target audiences.
You might also be interested in:
- Get Emotional and Watch Fans Share Your Content More Frequently
- Periscope Up: How Southwest, Adobe and Human Rights Campaign Use PR’s Hottest New App
- How to Protect Your Brand From Digital Information Leaks
- How LEGO's Global Innovation STEM Award Program Cut Through the Media Clutter
- 8 Video Scripting Tips for PR Pros