Winner: Hershey's and Hill & Knowlton Campaign: Hershey's Kisses Walk the Red Carpet The Mission: With the help of Hill & Knowlton, the Hershey's communications team set out to organize a kick-off event in 2006 to create buzz around the 100th anniversary of Hershey's Kisses in 2007. The anniversary campaign needed to build awareness that could be sustained throughout year, and to inform consumers of the company's commitment to charitable giving. The Hook: If chocolate is an aphrodisiac, then celebrity gossip is an addiction. With this in mind, the communications team decided that the best way to announce the upcoming anniversary would be a red carpet kick-off event at the 2006 Emmy Awards, where they could introduce the milestone and grab the attention of the media. However, unless you are a master at crashing parties (or unless you happen to be Brad Pitt), getting red-carpet access isn't a piece of cake.
You might also be interested in:
- PR News/Nasdaq Survey: Nearly One-Fifth of Communicators Shun Measurement Entirely
- Where Does PR Stand on Paid Social Media? Survey Shows Ambivalence About Spending
- Social Media Engagement on Video Posts Soars 163 Percent in 2015
- 10 Tips for Faster, More Effective Internal Crisis Communications When Time Is of the Essence
- 4 Ways to Improve Your Social Media Reporting and Measurement Process