What is the single most powerful component of bad news? Is it conflict? Is it confrontation? Is it complexity? Or controversy? The crucial ingredient in bad news is the creation of victims and the failure to respond to their concerns - in other words, continued or ongoing victimization.
Tip Sheet: How To Identify and Assuage Victims
You might also be interested in:
- Case Study: Right To Play Recruits Parents And Athletes to Educate Consumers on Why Kids Having Fun is Serious Business
- 'Authenticity' is a False Premise If Words Fail to Match Your Actions
- As PR Execs Brace for the New Year, All Roads Lead to the C-Suite
- Assessing the Hard Costs of Social Media
- Consumers Say Discounts Help Drive Loyalty; Marketers Collect Plenty of Data, But Not the Kind That They Need