The inmates are running the asylum. No, it isn't an epithet for Ken Kesey's "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest," but rather an acknowledgment of a tough reality for communicators: Customers - once the passive consumers of brands, products and services - now are taking charge of corporate reputations by breathing fire in cyberspace, thus burning anything that comes into their paths. Of course, communications executives have tamed the wild beasts in many contexts by using digital platforms to build relationships with elusive stakeholders, but a significant challenge remains: measuring the impact these online influencers actually have. First Things First Measuring online influencers' impact is among the most elusive capabilities for communications professionals, but before they can peg this skill, they have to know who their online influencers are in the first place. There are various strategies for doing so, including monitoring the number of comments on a blog, checking Technorati rankings and quantifying the number of links bloggers publish.
The Cyber-Asylum: Measuring Impact of Online Influencers
You might also be interested in:
- How LEGO's Global Innovation STEM Award Program Cut Through the Media Clutter
- 8 Video Scripting Tips for PR Pros
- Get Emotional and Watch Fans Share Your Content More Frequently
- Periscope Up: How Southwest, Adobe and Human Rights Campaign Use PR’s Hottest New App
- How to Protect Your Brand From Digital Information Leaks