If communications professionals don't understand the following business reality, Armageddon is upon us: The PR industry has been commoditized in the years following the turn-of-the-millennium economic downturn, prompting the ratio of senior to junior executives to change dramatically. Here's why: For a company to be profitable, it must maintain an approximate 3.5 multiple, or the "salary" versus how much business it brings in. For example, if a company spends $1 million on employee salaries, then those employees must bring in at least $3.5 million in business - otherwise, that ship is destined to sink.
Commoditization of PR: Redefining The Standard Agency Billing Rates
You might also be interested in:
- How LEGO's Global Innovation STEM Award Program Cut Through the Media Clutter
- 8 Video Scripting Tips for PR Pros
- Get Emotional and Watch Fans Share Your Content More Frequently
- Periscope Up: How Southwest, Adobe and Human Rights Campaign Use PR’s Hottest New App
- How to Protect Your Brand From Digital Information Leaks