Here is your reality as a communications professional: The swell of new media platforms has shifted control from the hands of select corporate executives to those of their once-passive stakeholders. Now the organization's reputation is vulnerable to the uncontrolled commentary of anyone and everyone in cyberspace, and the messages that the communications team does create are then sent out into the world to live on forever. Scary, huh? Obviously, this reality brings all new meaning to the concept of word-of-mouth marketing, as this now encompasses all conversations that take place online. Consider it "word- of-mouse" marketing, as dubbed by Ann Videan of Videan Unlimited Marketing Connections.
Mouthing Off: Customer Evangelism Takes On New Media
You might also be interested in:
- 6 Tips to Help Build Execs' Credibility Through Bylined Articles
- How to Use Measurement to Assess What Worked in '15 and Plan for '16
- Retailers' Social Actions on Instagram Up 48% Compared to Last Year
- Analytics, SEO, Virtual Teams, Video Surged in 2015, Will Continue in 2016
- A 6-Step Pre-Holidays PR Checkup to Bring the Year to a Successful Close