Here is your reality as a communications professional: The swell of new media platforms has shifted control from the hands of select corporate executives to those of their once-passive stakeholders. Now the organization's reputation is vulnerable to the uncontrolled commentary of anyone and everyone in cyberspace, and the messages that the communications team does create are then sent out into the world to live on forever. Scary, huh? Obviously, this reality brings all new meaning to the concept of word-of-mouth marketing, as this now encompasses all conversations that take place online. Consider it "word- of-mouse" marketing, as dubbed by Ann Videan of Videan Unlimited Marketing Connections.
Mouthing Off: Customer Evangelism Takes On New Media
You might also be interested in:
- How LEGO's Global Innovation STEM Award Program Cut Through the Media Clutter
- 8 Video Scripting Tips for PR Pros
- Get Emotional and Watch Fans Share Your Content More Frequently
- Periscope Up: How Southwest, Adobe and Human Rights Campaign Use PR’s Hottest New App
- How to Protect Your Brand From Digital Information Leaks