Here is your reality as a communications professional: The swell of new media platforms has shifted control from the hands of select corporate executives to those of their once-passive stakeholders. Now the organization's reputation is vulnerable to the uncontrolled commentary of anyone and everyone in cyberspace, and the messages that the communications team does create are then sent out into the world to live on forever. Scary, huh? Obviously, this reality brings all new meaning to the concept of word-of-mouth marketing, as this now encompasses all conversations that take place online. Consider it "word- of-mouse" marketing, as dubbed by Ann Videan of Videan Unlimited Marketing Connections.
Mouthing Off: Customer Evangelism Takes On New Media
You might also be interested in:
- 10 Tips to Increase Your Chance of Getting an Op-Ed or Letter Published
- How to Find Business Value in Instagram With Minimal Financial Investments
- A 6-Step Foundational Approach to Reputation Management Strategy
- Video Driving Increase in Social Sharing
- How to Write Effective Press Releases That Reporters Will Actually Read