Here is your reality as a communications professional: The swell of new media platforms has shifted control from the hands of select corporate executives to those of their once-passive stakeholders. Now the organization's reputation is vulnerable to the uncontrolled commentary of anyone and everyone in cyberspace, and the messages that the communications team does create are then sent out into the world to live on forever. Scary, huh?
Mouthing Off: Customer Evangelism Takes On New Media
You might also be interested in:
- Case Study: Right To Play Recruits Parents And Athletes to Educate Consumers on Why Kids Having Fun is Serious Business
- 'Authenticity' is a False Premise If Words Fail to Match Your Actions
- As PR Execs Brace for the New Year, All Roads Lead to the C-Suite
- Assessing the Hard Costs of Social Media
- Consumers Say Discounts Help Drive Loyalty; Marketers Collect Plenty of Data, But Not the Kind That They Need