The days when corporate communications amounted to a glib "PR man" with a lengthy Rolodex are long gone. Today, the communications professional has grown into a full-fledged business operation with a direct impact on the bottom line and an integral role in an organization. Smart organizations know this; they build a communications team that can manage all outside and internal perceptions of their company, especially when it come to constituencies like customers, government officials, opinion leaders and employees. These organizations create a communication team that can build, maintain and protect the corporate and brand image - no matter what happens. They understand anything less could mean serious reputation damage.
Tip Sheet: Seven Missteps That Could Be Sinking A Corporate Communications Program
You might also be interested in:
- How LEGO's Global Innovation STEM Award Program Cut Through the Media Clutter
- 8 Video Scripting Tips for PR Pros
- Get Emotional and Watch Fans Share Your Content More Frequently
- Periscope Up: How Southwest, Adobe and Human Rights Campaign Use PR’s Hottest New App
- How to Protect Your Brand From Digital Information Leaks