The days when corporate communications amounted to a glib "PR man" with a lengthy Rolodex are long gone. Today, the communications professional has grown into a full-fledged business operation with a direct impact on the bottom line and an integral role in an organization. Smart organizations know this; they build a communications team that can manage all outside and internal perceptions of their company, especially when it come to constituencies like customers, government officials, opinion leaders and employees. These organizations create a communication team that can build, maintain and protect the corporate and brand image - no matter what happens. They understand anything less could mean serious reputation damage.
Tip Sheet: Seven Missteps That Could Be Sinking A Corporate Communications Program
You might also be interested in:
- 6 Tips to Help Build Execs' Credibility Through Bylined Articles
- 7 Tech Trends Chief Communications Officers Should Track in 2016
- How to Use Measurement to Assess What Worked in '15 and Plan for '16
- Retailers' Social Actions on Instagram Up 48% Compared to Last Year
- Analytics, SEO, Virtual Teams, Video Surged in 2015, Will Continue in 2016