They hand out their MySpace pages before ever reciting their phone numbers; they haven't had a land-line telephone since they moved out of their parents' houses; they text faster than you can type; their idea of a commercial is something they saw on YouTube - and their ideas are going to revolutionize your business. "They" are GenerationY. Known for their irreverence and short attention spans as children, many have now graduated from the country's most prestigious universities and are entering the workforce with enough credentials, street smarts and know-how to make you fear for your own job security. But just because they are going to be your boss one day doesn't mean you should avoid them at all costs; rather, as a communications professional (hopefully) well-versed in Gen Y's preferred new technologies, you must encourage your organization to recruit and retain these employees in innovative ways. If you don't, they're just going to turn up the volume on their iPods and tune you out.
Wooing Gen Y: Recruiting/Retaining Recent Grads Isn’t Child’s Play
You might also be interested in:
- Get Emotional and Watch Fans Share Your Content More Frequently
- Periscope Up: How Southwest, Adobe and Human Rights Campaign Use PR’s Hottest New App
- How to Protect Your Brand From Digital Information Leaks
- How LEGO's Global Innovation STEM Award Program Cut Through the Media Clutter
- 8 Video Scripting Tips for PR Pros